Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ghostbastards

I've come to terms with the sad fact that some talents lose their juice when they age - Speilberg and Lucas are prime examples.

I wish somebody could do a study because there has to be some science to this. Like a gland that just dries up after 45. Or instead of producing chemicals that inspire good ideas, it starts to spill out poison after a certain number of years.

"Ow, my brain hurts"

"That's just the bad ideas, Georgie, you'll grow numb to that feeling over time"

As cool as Harold Ramis, and Dan Aykroyd are ... they've contributed some of the most mediocre comedies ever made in the last 2 decades. Not to mention Ivan Reitman who , let's face it, has really only made 3 or 4 good movies in a sea of dozens of titles that only make people laugh when you use them as a punchline. How easy is it to make fun of "Twins"? Very.

At this point, do we trust a new Ghostbuters script approved of by these guys?

Bill Murray's the only one I have faith in, but I bet he can be bullied into making a stinker with the right paycheck.

Worst of all, word on the street is this new movie will be about new Ghostbuster recruits being passed the torch. Fuck that. I don't want to see Michael Cera (because we all know, that dipshit will be picked) wearing a proton pack. Nor do we want it to be a slick updated white shiny proton pack that looks like something Apple made. And all the other new Ghostbusters will have douchebag haircuts, no doubt. (Is it just me getting old, or do haircuts piss other people off was well?)






There is a way this movie could work, but I doubt they would do it. I apologize ... there's no need to bother you with the fanfiction writer in me.

Let's pray Indiana Jones 4 - 2: Ghostbusters 3, never comes to be. Because no matter how much I bitch about it, you know I'm gonna go to the theater to see the damn thing and I don't think you'll be able to bear the whine heard around the world emitted from my nasal passages.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2011-01-12/does-the-world-really-want-ghostbusters-3/


http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20110113/ARTICLES/301139997/1004?Title%3DSave-us-Bill-from-a-third-Ghostbusters-

No comments: